Residential Support Worker Relief - Pavilion Women's Centre, Haileybury, ON
Temps partiel • Temiskaming Shores Région
Casual, Part time
Start date: TBD
Employment conditions: Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours. In particular we are looking for individuals who can work and cover day and night shifts from Monday to Friday.
Residential Support Workers provide feminist-based, compassionate and innovative supports, counseling and therapeutic/activity-based group programing for women and their children who are living in the shelter. Residential Support Workers give support to develop goals, a plan of action, and strategies for women and their children in the shelter. They encourage a caring, healthy, safe and positive work and residential setting for women in the shelter as they assist woman. They perform case-management, assess and plan for her personal safety, and refer to additional counseling and legal supports with a harm reduction approach. Staff promotes support groups and activities to help women through this difficult time in their lives, and provide productive outlets for them to promote personal growth and healing. As well, they prevent, manage and defuse any behavioural issues that arise within the shelter.
- English and French. Bilingualism preferred.
- Diploma or degree in Social Work or equivalent experience
- Vulnerable sector check
- Driving record check
- Own transportation, Valid driver's license
- First Aid/CPR Certificate, Food Handler Training, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate
- Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, housekeeping activities
- Administrative and office activities, research techniques, food preparation
Candidate should be:
- Able to make a decision
- Ethical and value-driven
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- A strong listener
- Knowledgeable of violence against women legislation and harm reduction strategies
Be able to:
- Prepare and maintain client files and communicate effectively with colleagues
- Practice inclusion
- Effectively manage crisis/conflict
- Act with integrity at all times
- Maintain program statistics for the purposes of evaluation
- Effectively appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services
- Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers
Women's shelter, Women's drop-in centre
Deadline to apply: March 3, 2021
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.