Residential Counsellor I - Community Living Temiskaming South, Temiskaming Shores, ON
Temps partiel • Temiskaming Shores Région
What We Do: For over 60 years, Community Living Temiskaming South has provided exceptional supports and services to individuals who have an intellectual disability and their families in our community. We are a culturally diverse, person-centered staff, grouped with strong values of equity, respect, and inclusiveness for all people. If those values describe you as well, please check out our current job posting!
What You Will Do:
- The Part-time Residential Counsellor will carry out all duties in accordance with established routine of the home or program location.
- You will be responsible for providing direct support to individual(s) who have an intellectual disability to live, learn, work, and participate in the community, in order to promote and encourage independence and to exercise citizenship and self-determination.
What We Need:
Grade 12 or relevant combination of experience and education.
Vulnerable Sector Check
Class “G” driver’s license
We will train you in Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) training
Experience working in social services with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Superior communication, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving abilities.
Collaborative team player, flexible and able to promote change.
Well organized, a self-starter, able to work independently.
Applicants will be ready to work flexible hours, including evenings, nights, days, weekends, and stats.
Reference ID: OP21-003
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $20.02 per hour
Additional pay: Overtime pay
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
Support Care: 1 year (preferred)
Work remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place