Receptionist - Northern College, Kirkland Lake, ON
Temps plein • Temiskaming Shores Région
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff, Payband C
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25th, 2021
SALARY: $22.24/hr to $25.84/hr (35 hrs/week)
CAMPUS: Kirkland Lake
STARTING SALARY: $ 22.24/hr
CLOSING DATE: May 12th, 2021
DIVISION: Campus Services
COMPETITION #: 21-31
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Kirkland Lake Campus Manager, the incumbent performs receptionist duties for the campus: telephone reception, client reception, and provides general clerical services such as incoming and outgoing mail preparation, faxing, and photocopying. Also provides administrative support and secretarial services for the campus and back-up assistance for Student Services. The successful incumbent will:
• Provide full telephone services and responding to routine inquires;
• Prepare, proofread and distribute correspondence and reports as required;
• Organize appropriate and efficient filing system for work area;
• Maintain electronic databases and templates for mailing lists, College forms, and PDF’s;
• Direct visitors appropriately and announcing their arrival as required; and
• Ensuring office equipment is maintained and in working order.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
• 1-year Certificate in Office Administration or equivalent;
• Minimum 1-year experience in an educational, private business or government agency setting, preferably with multiple assignment responsibilities;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered