Geotechnician - Canada Silver Cobalt Works, Temiskaming Shores, ON
Temps plein • Temiskaming Shores Région
Canada Silver Cobalt Works is a small but unique and rapidly growing silver-cobalt focused company. We are a leader in exploration, development, technology, and environment responsibility in the prolific Northern Ontario Silver-Cobalt District. In May 2020, the company released the first-ever resource in the Gowganda Camp and greater Cobalt Camp. A total of 7.56 million ounces of silver in Inferred resources comprising very high-grade silver (8,582 grams per tonne un-cut or 250.2 oz/ton) in 27,400 tonnes of material. With continuing success and new discoveries found in 2021, the future looks promising.
We are looking for a geotechnician to help with our 50,000m drill program. The candidate will be working a rotation schedule along with the geologists which is comprised of 15 days on, and 13 off. We have two working locations with the primary location being our coreshack located in Cobalt, Ontario. The secondary site is located in Gowganda, Ontario and is also the location of our Castle Mine and current main drilling location. Room and board will be included if the candidate is not local or if the tasks assigned requires an overnight elsewhere (in Gowganda for example).
Job duties may include:
1) Geo-teching including core orientation, specific gravity, magnetic susceptibility, meter marks, and RQD
2) Keeping up and staying ahead of the geologists logging the core
3) Moving drill core to and from racks and/or pallets and cutting core
4) Following company procedures
5) Assist other geologists and core-techs
6) Assisting field exploration and/or prospecting
7) Communicating regularly with geological team
8) May include capping holes, surveying, spotting holes
9) Other various duties designated by the project geologist or exploration manager
10) Assisting with special projects to advance exploration
11) Computer input of teching data and digital timesheets which requires computer literacy
12) Position may require occasional work outside the regular work day
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Workers are required to wear masks, sanitize all shared areas, equipment, physical distance whenever possible.