Field Technician - Xplornet Communications Inc., Timiskaming Region, ON
Temps plein • Temiskaming Shores Région
Position Overview: *
Xplornet’s Field Technicians are proud to be the face of the Xplornet brand, performing the best installation and repair services for our residential and business customers. Your goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
We are looking for Field Technicians to join the Xplornet team in the Timiskaming region of Ontario. Reporting to the Field Services Supervisor, this role will be responsible for the installation, service/repair and upgrading of residential and small business customer equipment. This includes satellite, fixed wireless, wireless routers and home phone. The majority of work is completed outdoors in all weather conditions and includes climbing ladders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions
- Managing all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Maintaining accurate and timely service reports
- Managing the inventory management cycle and annual counts. Returning inventory that requires repair.
- Producing timely and detailed service reports
- Audit previous installation and repair work to ensure Xplornet standards have been met and if not, completing work at the customer premises for compliance
- Operating a vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Following all company filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperating with technical teams and sharing information across the organization
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Completion of post secondary education in a related field, such as computer systems technology combined with a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in installation and repair of internet and phone
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Ability to work a flexible and rotating work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong knowledge of computers and basic troubleshooting of internet connections. Basic networking knowledge
- Ability to follow directions and/or use GPS mapping
- Knowledge of working standards of Health and Safety, construction and CSA
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Professionalism and tact in representing the company to our customers (both internal and external)
- Ability to interpret and solve technical problems. Resourceful, courteous, honest and reliable.
- Strong time management skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Independent and prudent judgement
Condition of employment:
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check. Details will be supplied to applicants as they move through the selection process.
Xplornet is committed to creating an accessible environment and will accommodate disabilities during the selection process. Please let your recruiter know during the selection process of any accommodation needs.
Headquartered in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Xplornet Communications Inc. is one of Canada’s leading broadband service providers. For over a decade, Xplornet has been providing innovative broadband solutions to rural customers at work, home and play across Canada. Today, Xplornet offers voice and data communication services through its unique wireless and satellite network that connects Canadians to what matters.
Please visit: www.indeed.ca